Dr. Abron is a specialist in dental implants and Periodontics. His practice specializes in all aspects of dental implants and periodontal treatment, including advanced and complex bone grafting, sinus and ridge augmentations, laser gum surgery, gum grafting, reconstructive plastic surgery to aesthetically enhance the smile and dental implants, and conservative periodontal treatment to maintain bone and gum around the teeth.
He uses the latest technology and science to regenerate bone in the jaws, where bone loss was caused by infection from gum disease, loss of teeth, or injury. These include sinus bone grafting, where many patients lack sufficient bone thickness in the upper posterior jaw and various techniques for ridge augmentation, in order to place implants. He also diagnoses and treats oral pathology. Dr. Abron’s main interests include implant and advanced bone reconstruction, as well as soft-tissue and aesthetic surgery.
Dr. Armin Abron was born in Frankfurt, Germany and grew up in Heidelberg, Germany. He is married and has two children. They spend their time traveling and being involved in various activities for children. Dr. Abron also loves swim, and go cycling. Because of his passion for patient care and providing the best quality of care that is available, he is always looking at new ways of introducing the latest advancements for his practice, and more importantly, his patients.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Chapel Hill, North Carolina:
- B.S. degree (1994-1998)
- D.D.S. degree (1998-2002)
Columbia University School of Dental Medicine; New York, New York:
- Postgraduate training in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
- Master of Science degree in Periodontology (2002-2005)
Professional Appointments and Working Experience:
- Department of Graduate Periodontics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Dentistry; Chapel Hill, North Carolina (2006-2012)
- Full-time Private Periodontal Practice; Southern Pines, North Carolina (2005-2008)
- Full-time Private Periodontal Practice; Washington, District of Columbia (2008-current)
Professional Licenses and Board Certification:
- District of Columbia Dental License
- Also licensed in California, Florida, New York, North Carolina, and Virginia
- Wilckodontics Certified
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique Certified
- LANAP Certified
- S.M.A.R.T Minimally Invasive Bone Grafting Certified