Dr. Dalton Hampton is a native of Cynthiana, KY and has been a resident of Cincinnati since 2019.
Dr. Hampton graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology in 2014 prior to receiving his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry in 2019. Upon graduation, he was awarded with honors in restorative dentistry for his constant pursuit of the highest quality treatment for his patients.
Dedicated to staying up to date on the latest techniques and technologies, Dr. Hampton has continued his pursuit of advanced training in general and implant dentistry, as well as Invisalign, completing over 100 hours of continuing education since graduating dental school.
Outside of the office, Dr. Hampton enjoys spending time with his fiancé, Dr. Aneesha Reddy, who practices Pediatric Dentistry in Westchester, and their Goldendoodle, Lily. He is an avid golfer and enjoys traveling to new destinations.
A dental implant is an artificial replacement for a missing tooth. While natural teeth consist of a crown and a root, implants comprise three elements:
- The biocompatible titanium implant, inserted directly into the bone
- The porcelain crown or denture
- The abutment, the connecting device between the implant and crown.
Porcelain veneers are often called “instant orthodontics.” The veneers consist of thin porcelain shells that are bonded to the front surfaces of the teeth. Veneers can correct the appearance of minor misalignments, cover stains, and create a more beautiful, even shape to your teeth.
Dr. Hardin can design the veneers in your first visit and place them in your second appointment. Each set of veneers is custom manufactured to perfectly fit and to enhance your smile and face.
Digital Smile Design
Digital Smile Design is a comprehensive imaging and modeling protocol that improves dentist and patient communication in developing the treatment plan for a cosmetic dentistry procedure. Your feedback and aesthetic goals are important to us, and Digital Smile Design makes it possible for both elements to be an integral part of your treatment.
The Digital Smile Design process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Our team will take digital photos of your teeth and entire mouth from multiple angles
- Step 2: You and Dr. Tara will review the photos using special software that allows us to begin demonstrating potential changes
- Step 3: A simulation of your smile after treatment will be rendered in a “digital mock-up”
- Step 4: Our team takes impressions of your teeth and Dr. Tara translates the digital design onto the physical model
- Step 5: We will create a resin model to see how well the modeled treatments fit your teeth and your needs
If you’re happy with this final mock-up, our cosmetic dentists will perform any necessary treatments according to the roadmap you and Dr. Tara developed through the Digital Smile Design process.
Advanced Techniques With Laser Dentistry
Gummy smiles have traditionally been addressed through tissue removal with a scalpel. However, the use of surgical instruments for this procedure can be both invasive and risky. To help increase safety and produce optimal results, the cosmetic dentists at Hardin Advanced Dentistry have chosen to use laser technology to perfectly contour gum tissue.
Lasers offer a number of advantages over metal surgical instruments. Benefits of laser gum treatment include:
- Precision – Lasers give Dr. Gary Hardin and Dr. Tara Hardin complete control over the amount of tissue being removed, allowing them to produce optimal contours
- Comfort – Unlike surgical tools that scrape tissue away, lasers gently evaporate unnecessary tissue, often eliminating the need for even topical anesthetic
- Safety – Lasers cauterize as they remove tissue, reducing bleeding and eliminating the need for sutures. In addition, lasers kill bacteria, reducing your risk for infection.