A Washington State native, Dr. Yount grew up in Bremerton Washington the oldest of three children. He attended the University of Washington for one year prior to his acceptance to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland where he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in System’s Engineering in 1972.
Dr. Yount’ s tenure in the field of dentistry began June, 1981 when he graduated from The Medical University of South Carolina. After graduation from dental school, Dr. Yount practiced in Ohio for 6 years prior to relocating to Mattoon Illinois in 1987. He has extensive training and experience in all aspects of TMJ/TMD diagnosis and treatment, advanced comprehensive and restorative dentistry, implants, and dentures.
During his time as a dentist, Dr. Yount has touched many lives. He strives to make a positive difference in the lives of his patients by providing a warm and friendly office environment. His caring attitude, attention to detail, and his insight into his patients’ concerns is the reason many of his patients are lifelong patrons of his dental practice. His commitment to providing the best quality and most current up-to-date dental care for every age group in his practice is his priority He encourages his staff to update their skills by attending continuing education courses relevant to their area of expertise. Dr. Yount expects the best and is proficient in all areas of his dental practice. He works closely with the most highly regarded specialists and laboratory technicians all over the world to ensure that the dental care provided in his office is of the highest quality. He is an avid learner and continues to train and study in many dental venues
Dr, Yount’s post graduate continuing education training has been paramount in establishing a comprehensive relationship based health care practice. He has spent hundreds of hours completing post graduate training courses.
- Level I – Advanced Principals of Physiologic Occlusion
- Level II – Advanced Diagnostic Principals
- Level III –Advanced Treatment Planning
- Level IV –Introduction to Micro Occlusion I
- Level V – Neuromuscular Bite/Refinement/K-7 Practicum
- Level VI – Advanced Bite Management
- Level VII –Advanced Micro Occlusion II
Las vegas institute of advanced dental studies
- Advanced functional aesthetic dentistry
- Advanced scan interpretation (K-7 )
- Advanced neuromuscular implants
- Advanced neuromuscular dentures
- Mandibular and Myocentric Positioning
- Advanced neuromuscular Coronoplasty and case finishing
- Advanced Practical Occlusion
- Advance fundamentals of neuromuscular Orthodontics
- 1982 – a yearlong series of orthodontic courses on the Begg Technique in Pittsburgh, PA, sponsored by the American Academy of Functional Orthodontics
- 1983-4 audited additional courses on the Begg Technique sponsored by the AAFO
- 1989 – a year-long series of courses on the Straight Wire technique taught by Dr. Brock Rondeau, sponsored by the IAO, the International Association of Orthodontics
- 1990-1 – audited the Rondeau course on orthodontics.
- 2002 – attended two courses at the Las Vegas Institute on neuromuscular orthodontics taught by Dr. Clayton Chan
Dental Implants :
Dental implants are becoming a very popular with many patients. Those who have missing teeth have several options from which to choose, but placing an implant seems to be the treatment of choice. The implant process takes several appointments and completion takes 3-9 months.
Choosing a dental implant is an effective way to restore missing teeth and to allow for restorations which maintain the integrity of the patient’s smile and bite. Dr Yount is very proficient placing implants and only moves forward with treatment after extensive evaluation using a 3-D cone beam scan of the patient’s proposed implant site. Patients who have chosen implants over other types of treatment are very pleased with them and recommend implants to their friends and co-workers!
To learn more about this procedure or to schedule a consultation appointment, please call Dr. Yount’s office at 217.235.0434.
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
- Implants normally serve the patient for a lifetime
- Restorations look natural and the occlusial integrity is maintained
- Replaces a removal partial
The Benefits of Dental Implants :
- Improved personal appearance
- Great for filling a space between two viable teeth
- Implant restorations look, feel and act as natural teeth
The Dental Implant Process :
- A 3-D cone beam scan is taken
- Placement of bone graft (if needed) which takes an intergration time of three to four months
- Try-in and evaluate surgical guide (stent)
- A circular piece of tissue is removed with a tissue punch
- The bone is prepared for the implant by using various sizes of implant drills to the correct length and width
- The implant is placed
- A healing cuff is placed over the implant for three to four months giving the implant time to integrate
- The healing cuff is removed and the restoration process begins