Dr. Hugh Flax is an award-winning, internationally respected cosmetic dentist in Atlanta, who strives for perfection with every patient. He has a passion for continuing education and far exceeds the state of Georgia requirements by averaging 150 hours of continuing education each year – nearly eight times the required amount. Even though his reputation continues to attract patients, it’s his gentle, caring demeanor that keeps them returning time and time again. He is dedicated to serving his patients with excellence throughout their dental visits by:
- Creating a relaxed environment
- Providing the most advanced preventive, health and cosmetic treatments
- Educating them on their dental options
- Respecting their opinions, background, and time constraints
- Helping them feel better, look better, and enjoy a longer, healthier life
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing teeth because they look, feel, and function just like regular teeth. They are a permanent alternative to removable dentures and other tooth replacement methods.
When you are missing all your teeth, many people think that removable dentures are their only option. But the reality is that we see many denture patients that are unhappy. They have a lot of complaints from the appliances moving around in their mouth to painful sores, the inability to chew normally, and that dreaded thought of them falling out unexpectedly.
Dental implants benefits :
Dental implants are stronger and more durable than dental bridges and dentures. They are a permanent solution that provides a stable, dependable bite that doesn’t irritate your gums.
There are many advantages to dental implants:
- Implants offer lifelike color and texture that very closely resemble real teeth.
- Your chewing efficiency is not altered which means that you can enjoy your favorite foods like corn on the cob, apples, and steak.
- They are designed for long-term use to withstand the rigors of biting and offer well-documented durability.
- You can replace just one or several teeth at a time, even an entire set if necessary.
- Your self confidence and quality of life are greatly improved.
- Teeth implants prevent facial collapse, a bone loss condition that takes place when you are missing teeth.
Dental implants before and after :
Dental implants solve the functional limitations of missing teeth. But when they are done by an accredited Atlanta cosmetic dentist like Dr. Flax, the aesthetics will also be fully restored and every aspect will be custom designed for you. He begins by using face-analyzing technology to evaluate the structure of your mouth and face so that your implants will match and complement your features, resulting in a beautiful smile. You can see an example of one of the beautiful transformations done by Atlanta dentist, Dr. Flax, pictured in these before and after images.
Dental implant procedure :
This illustration shows the different components of a dental implant. The titanium root is implanted into the jaw bone and the porcelain crown is what will be visible above the gum line.