Dr. Kyle B. DeLuca grew-up in South Florida. Having been around dentistry throughout his life, thanks to his mother Dr. Helena A. DeLuca, Dr. DeLuca understands dentistry is an art and focuses on improving esthetics and function in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Dr. Kyle B. DeLuca attended the University of Florida (UF) for his undergraduate training and obtained his Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD) from Nova Southeastern University’s College of Dental Medicine, one of the top dental schools in the United States.
Having excelled with clinical and academic excellence, Dr. DeLuca went on to complete a full-time, three-year Post-Graduate Residency in Periodontics, the specialty of dentistry that focuses on saving teeth and placing dental implants. He served as the Chief Resident during his Specialty training and has presented at National and State meetings.
Dr. DeLuca is currently Adjunct Faculty at Nova Southeastern University, where he instructs up-and-coming dentists on the art and science of saving and replacing teeth and improving oral health.
Dr. DeLuca is Board Certified in Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery and has specialized training in:
- Esthetic dental implant placement (non-removable individual tooth replacement)
- Complete upper and lower same-day, non-removable tooth replacement therapy (e.g. All-On-Four ®)
- Management and treatment of gum disease (bleeding gums and bad breath)
- Saving teeth
- Correcting “long teeth” (recession) using minimally-invasive soft tissue techniques, including the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST) (no incision or sutures)
- Bone building procedures for implants, including sinus augmentation
- Correcting root sensitivity, including sensitivity to cold and brushing
- Exposure of impacted teeth for orthodontics
- Improving comfort with dentures (or eliminating their need)
- Correcting “Gummy Smiles”
Dr. DeLuca is a member of:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Florida Dental Association (FDA)
- Broward Country Dental Association (BCDA)
- Atlantic Coast Dental Association (ACDA)
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Pinhole Surgical Academy (PST)
- Diplomate American Board of Periodontics
IMPLANTS: SURGERY & RESTORATION
Dental implants are a popular option for tooth replacement. The procedure should be done by a trained dentist with experience. Implants typically result in great looking teeth that function and look like your natural teeth. Dental implants provide a great alternative to dentures, but can also be used to help hold dentures in place and make them more comfortable and improve function and speech. Most patients do not have significant discomfort afterwards and report a high level of comfort and satisfaction with this treatment option. Just like the root of your tooth sits in your bone to hold the part of the tooth you see, an implant is placed into the bone, allowed to heal, and then replaced with a “tooth” as well.
Advantages of dental implants :
- High success rates (>97%)
- High satisfaction, esthetics, and comfort
- Body heals tightly around them and improves comfort and function of dentures
- Long lasting treatment option
- Sometimes full upper or lower teeth can be replaced in one visit
Disadvantages of dental implants :
- The body requires time to heal around the implant before it can function
- Compared to alternative treatment options, the cost may be greater
- The body can not heal around the implant properly requiring additional or alternative treatment
- Especially if they are not cared or cleaned, implants can develop problems over time that require treatment or management.