Serving general and cosmetic dentistry patients in San Francisco for more than 34 years, Dr. Arellano is an experienced dentist dedicated to providing superior care. His results have earned him the highest ratings in quality and customer satisfaction.
The priorities in our San Francisco dental practice include patient comfort, technology, and safety. Our office protocol includes stringent standards for infection control and utilizes advanced diagnostic equipment that allows us to detect dental problems early. One such area of outstanding technology is the use of digital x-rays versus conventional x-ray imaging. With state-of-the-art imaging equipment, we gain accurate information that helps us identify areas of concern. The use of advanced dental technologies benefits our patients, who are deserving of healthy, beautiful smiles.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Dental Hygiene, 1979, after completing education at UCLA and UCSF
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree, 1984, UCSF School of Dentistry
- Periodontal Surgery courses completed at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry’s Periodontic Study Club
Other courses of study include:
“Concept of Complete Dentistry” by Dr. Peter Dawson
Courses by Dr. Frank Spear at the Seattle Institute of Advanced Dental Education
Dr. Arellano is a member of:
- The American Dental Association
- The California State Dental Association
- The San Francisco County Dental Association
- The San Francisco Study Club, a local affiliate of the internationally known Seattle Study Club
- Served as board member to the Fisherman’s Wharf Rotary Club from 1999 to 2007
- Is licensed to use the LANAP protocol for laser periodontal therapy.
- Has received certification from the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry to perform treatments utilizing Nd:YAG laser.
- Co-founded the first mobile dental CT / x-ray imaging company on the West Coast. Mobile CT Imaging has since moved East.
- ValueStar Rated.
- Diamond Certified Rated from 2005 to 2007.
- Named among “Bay Area Top Doctors and Dentists” in 2010 by Doctors Improving Healthcare in a collaboration with NBC Bay Area.
- Received Tom Terry’s Dental Compliance and Safety’s “Exceptional Dental Office” rating for exceeding government standards in the area of patient safety.
- Gold certification status from the Green Business Bureau.
Advanced technologies for outstanding care
Our office is equipped with proven technologies for improved comfort and diagnostic evaluation. We capture data using digital radiography, which emits far less radiation than traditional x-ray imaging. Digital imaging is not only safer but also more detailed, providing your dentist with a view of your entire oral structure, including the jawbone, nerve bundles, and the sinus cavity. With digital imaging, we can also evaluate the joints of the jaw, called the TMJs, as well as structures within the head and neck.
Laser has improved how we treat gum disease. Using the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure, known as LANAP®, your dentist can safely and effectively target diseased tissue, leaving healthy tissue intact. LANAP® was the first laser procedure to gain FDA approval for the treatment of periodontitis.What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants :
Dental implants are a way of replacing a missing tooth or teeth. They act as substitute tooth roots which are then connected to single crowns, bridges, partial and full dentures to help support, stabilize, and retain them.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
Dental implants allow the replacement of teeth without treating or drilling on our own natural teeth that do not need treatment. Because of this, they are considered a more conservative treatment when replacing missing teeth. Also, dental implants, like natural teeth, stop continued jawbone loss — 25% in the first year, 40 to 60% in 3 to 5 years, and about 1% every year thereafter — after a tooth is lost.
Finally, dental implants allow us to keep teeth separated so that only the teeth needing work are treated. Everything we do in dentistry may need to be reworked in the future. If teeth are connected together, then even if some of the parts are not defective they will all need to be replaced if connected together, resulting in more complex treatment at a higher cost.
What Is The Success Rate Of Dental Implants?
Studies show that dental implants have a success rate from the mid to high 90% after five years. Many things can influence this from your general health and lifestyle to the complexity of the required treatment needed to insert the dental implant.
Are Dental Implants Worth The Cost?
We expect our investment in dental care to provide that same quality of life that natural healthy teeth do. Dental implants fulfill this by being most like our own natural teeth in the way they look, feel, and function. Since dental implants offer the most value, they are worth more compared to bridges, dentures, and partial dentures. But, just as with your own teeth, they are susceptible to their own form of gum disease and to the detrimental affects of a stressful bite.