A California native, Dr. Mamta Dalwani grew up in the Pasadena area, the second oldest of three sisters. She attended the University of California, Irvine where she received her undergraduate degrees in economics and biology. Next, Dr. Dalwani attended the University of the Pacific in Northern California where she received her Doctorate in Dental Surgery.
Prior to establishing the Center for Holistic Dentistry in the Santa Monica area, Dr. Dalwani practiced for 9 years alongside her mentor and father at the Forum Dental Group.
Dr. Dalwani is a standing member of the American Dental Association, California Dental Association, and the West Los Angeles Dental Society.
When she’s not practicing her passion of dentistry Dr. Dalwani spends most of her time with her husband, Sumeet, and rambunctious dog, Zoey.
Dental Implants :
There was a time when traditional dentures were the only option available for individuals with missing teeth. Thanks to advances in technology and surgical techniques, today’s dental patients have a better alternative. Dental implant treatment is as close to recreating a natural tooth as medically possible.
Why choose implants
Dental implants are widely considered the gold standard tooth replacement option, by dentists and patients alike. The benefits include:
- Implants mimic the anatomy of a tooth, for a natural feeling and appearance
- Rock-solid stability allows you to eat what you want without worries
- Implants can last a lifetime with good oral health
- Unlike traditional dentures and bridges, implants will help your jawbone stay strong and healthy
- Customizable solution for replacing one, multiple, or all teeth
About the procedure
Implant planning is a restorative based decision. That means we begin by determining the ideal size, shape, location, and appearance of the restoration (replacement tooth). The best type and precise location of the implant is chosen accordingly.
- The first step is a consultation and evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for implants
- We create a wax model of your smile, which allows you and the doctor to “preview” the results
- Once the design is fine-tuned, an oral surgeon completes the implant placement procedure
- A temporary restoration is placed immediately, so your smile is not incomplete during healing
- Once the bone has healed and fused itself to the implant, the permanent restoration is placed
- The entire process takes an average of three to four months, although the exact timing varies by patient.