Dr. Theresa Jansky attended Bradley University in Peoria, IL majoring in biology. She is a 1988 graduate of The University of Illinois College of Dentistry. Dr. Jansky has been a partner with Family Dental Care since 1996. Dr. Jansky strongly believes that building a trusting relationship with her patients is the first step to attaining excellent dental health. Dr. Jansky is married with 4 children and resides in Wheaton, IL for the last 16 years. She enjoys traveling and her interests include reading and gardening.
DENTURES & IMPLANTS
At Family Dental Care has assembled a team of caring, experienced professional Dentists and state-of-the-art technology, to provide you with the best possible tooth restoration facility. Using the latest advances in dental procedures and equipment, Family Dental Care will replace your missing or damaged teeth with dental implants that are safe, durable and look and feel like your natural teeth.
When planning the implant procedure, our staff can determine the exact location and angle of the implant, making the best use of available jawbone while avoiding any nerves. We will create a surgical guide designed to be placed over the gums, which in turn guides the implant into the proper position in the jaw.
DENTAL IMPLANT EVALUATION
The first step of getting your implants is a Dental Implant Evaluation and Consultation
- Find out if you are a candidate for dental implants.
- Comprehensive oral exam.
- Necessary X-rays.
- Discuss your treatment options.
- Get any questions answered.
Starting at age three, children should have regular cleanings. This ensures that the primary teeth are in a healthy condition and allows the dentist to detect any potential gum problems. Pediatric dentists, acting in accordance with guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, will only use x-rays when necessary to protect your children dental health. They may be needed to diagnose tooth decay, abnormalities or for orthodontic treatment.
The Invisalign system is used by our cosmetic dentists in Bloomingdale, Campton Hills, and Glen Ellyn and has been successful in giving hundreds of thousands of amazing smiles to both teens and adults. A certified Invisalign® provider from Family Dental Care will work with you to create an individual treatment plan using Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners. Invisalign has been used to solve a range of issues, including the following: overly crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
CONVENIENCE OF INVISALIGN®
Nothing can come between your lifestyle and having an incredible smile. Since Invisalign offers you comfort, convenience, and virtual invisibility during treatment, you will appreciate the following benefits:
- You can be as active as you like because Invisalign® won’t hold you back.
- You can remove your aligners for special events where important photos may be taken or important people may come into contact with you.
- You can take your aligners out during eating and brushing.
- You can look your best throughout treatment, feeling more confident everywhere you go.
The look of your smile plays an important part in the overall appearance of your face. A healthy, full smile will keep you looking younger and encourage you to speak, smile, and laugh with greater confidence. Cosmetic dentistry focuses on helping you achieve the bright, beautiful smile you want—your dentist serving Glen Ellyn at Family Dental Care offers a variety of cosmetic treatments, including veneers, teeth whitening, and dental implants.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR A BRIGHTER SMILE
Stains on the teeth are a common cosmetic concern. If you want a brighter, whiter smile, our dentists can offer several treatments to improve the color of your teeth. The best solution for you will depend on several factors; your dentist can help you choose the option that is right for your short- and long-term needs.
Teeth Whitening is one of the most popular and economical ways to brighten a smile affected by most types of stains. Family Dental Care offers the Zoom! 2 Professional Teeth Whitening system, allowing our patients to achieve a whiter smile in a single dental visit.
Dental Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped covers that fit over the front of your teeth. Because porcelain veneers can be tailored in terms of color as well as shape and size, they can be used to brighten a smile affected by stains that may not be correctable via chemical teeth whitening solutions.
REASONS TO CHOOSE DENTAL IMPLANTS
One or more missing teeth can affect the overall look of your smile. Tooth replacement not only improves your ability to speak clearly and enjoy the foods you love, but creates a natural and complete smile for improved self-confidence as well. Dental implants have quickly become the gold standard in tooth replacement technology.
- Dental implants are the closest replacement option to your natural teeth. Because they look and behave just like a real tooth, your dental implants offer superior aesthetics and stability.
- Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement option. Over time, dentures and bridges will need replacement; with proper care, your dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that also prevents bone loss from the jaw. If you need to replace several or all of your teeth, this is a significant benefit over dentures and bridges, which do not halt the bone loss that affects your appearance and oral health.
Large fillings on back teeth often require a stronger and properly contoured restoration, such as porcelain inlays or onlays. These products protect teeth similarly to crowns, but conserve more natural tooth structure and are a better match to your tooth’s natural color. However, when too much of a tooth’s structure is removed to support a filling, a crown or “cap” may be needed. A crown essentially covers a tooth to restore it to its natural shape and size. This permanent covering fits over your original tooth to strengthen or improve the appearance of the tooth.
A dental crown is a cap that’s fused to a tooth in order to restore appearance, size, and strength. We safely attach these caps to your teeth to provide comfortable, long-lasting natural smiles. Depending on the tooth, you will find many forms of crowns available. Common materials used for crowns include stainless steel, gold, porcelain, and ceramic, among others. Installing a crown typically involves two dentist office visits. The first visit ensures measurements for a perfect natural fit, and is also when you may select the crown best suited for the job. During your second visit, we will thoroughly clean your tooth and place the permanent crown. Crowns, like real teeth, are to be treated with good oral hygiene habits. If taken care of properly, a dental crown can last up to 15 years.
Sedation dentistry allows you and your dentist to effectively control your level of comfort in the dental chair. Choosing sedation allows you to feel relaxed and calm while remaining awake and alert to take an active role in your dental care.
- Sedation dentistry can help patients who feel anxious or even afraid to visit the dentist. Choosing sedation lets you receive the dental care you need to maintain your oral health, as well as prevent dental health issues from affecting your general health.
- Although you will feel relaxed, comfortable, and safe during dental treatment, you will remain awake throughout your visit. You will still be able to answer questions and discuss issues or treatment options with your dentist.
- Dental sedation isn’t necessarily only for patients who feel anxious while receiving dental care. Sedation medications carry with them an effective pain-relieving component; if tooth sensitivity causes discomfort during teeth cleaning or you have trouble feeling numb after anesthetic injections, dental sedation can improve your comfort during dental visits.