The University of Toledo Department of Dentistry strives to improve the health in the communities and region they serve. Educating excellent clinicians and scientists, and providing patient centered and high-quality care, and also producing nationally recognized research.
This case was a great example of how zirconia implants are a quality choice for an esthetic biomaterial in the cosmetic zone.
The right lateral incisor was replaced with a 3.5mm cosmetic Zeramex Zirconia implant by Periodontist Dr. Michael Cohen, giving the patient a highly esthetic and permant replacement. Showcasing a biomaterial, zirconia, the residents of the program had the chance to see how the evolution of dentistry is contant and innovative. The final restoration was placed by Dr. Mark Heenan and his resident dentist. The patient was extremely please with the process and it was a great experience for the resident clinicians and educators of the program.
About the Doctors
Michael J. Cohen, D.D.S.
- Hometown: Toledo, OH
- Dental School: Northwestern University Dental School, specialist in Periodontics
- Undergraduate School: University of Toledo
- Why UT Dental: I helped start the program in 1977 and then went on to my private practice until retiring in 2016. This is my dream retirement job. It is my extreme pleasure being able to help young dentists just beginning their careers get started.
- Future Career goals: Continue improving to program
- Hobbies: Bike riding, hiking, snowshoeing, gardening
Mark J. Heenan, D.D.S.
- Hometown: Port Clinton, OH
- Dental School: University of Louisville
- Undergraduate School: Wittenberg University
- Why UT Dental: To give back, but most importantly it’s nice to have something that is rewarding to do in retirement.
- Future Career Goals: To continue to improve our program and live every day to its fullest
- Hobbies: Traveling, being outside and spending time in my woods, sports, and my spending time with family