As dental technology advances, the options for tooth replacement become more varied. One such advancement is the use of ceramic dental implants.
Dr. Tarek Badawy of WestLake Dental Care recently had the opportunity to use the Zeramex ceramic dental implant for his patient a year ago, and was thoroughly impressed with the results.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of ceramic dental implants, their advantages over titanium implants in the anterior part of the teeth, and why Zeramex and Zeramex XT are the top choice for missing teeth.
“The Gums Really do Love Ceramic”
Dr. Tarek Badawy was impressed with the Zeramex ceramic dental implant because he found that the gums grew around it, which is unusual for traditional titanium implants. According to Dr. Badawy, “The gums really do love ceramic.” They just grow around it and the body just accepts it better.
The Zeramex XT implant is made of zirconia, a material that is metal-free, biocompatible and aesthetically pleasing because of its white color. It is a perfect alternative for patients who are allergic to metals or for those who are looking for a more natural-looking solution.
Why Ceramic Implants are Better in the Anterior Part of the Teeth
The anterior part of the teeth is the most visible and aesthetically important part of the mouth. Therefore, it is important to choose the right material for dental implants that will be placed in this area. Ceramic dental implants have several advantages over traditional titanium implants in the anterior part of the teeth:
- Aesthetic Appeal: Ceramic dental implants are white, which means they blend in naturally with the surrounding teeth. They do not have the metallic appearance that titanium implants have, making them a better choice for patients who are concerned about the appearance of their dental work.
- Biocompatibility: Ceramic dental implants are made of zirconia, a biocompatible material that is less likely to cause an inflammatory reaction in the body. This means that patients are less likely to experience complications like peri-implantitis.
- Strength: Ceramic dental implants are strong and durable. They can withstand the pressure and forces of biting and chewing, making them a reliable choice for tooth replacement.
- Non-Conductive: Unlike titanium implants, ceramic implants are non-conductive, which means they do not conduct heat or electricity. This can be important for patients who have metal sensitivities.
Zeramex and Zeramex XT: The Top Choice for Missing Teeth
In conclusion, ceramic dental implants are a groundbreaking substitute for titanium implants, providing various advantages for the anterior part of the teeth such as natural look, biocompatibility, durability, and non-conductivity. Zeramex and Zeramex XT are highly recommended as the leading option for missing teeth due to their high-quality zirconia composition and proven success rate. With Dr. Tarek Badawy’s observation of the gums growing around ceramic, it is expected that more dentists and implantologists will recognize the benefits of using ceramic dental implants.
About the Doctor
- Fellowship of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Top Invisalign Dentist 2019
- Virginia Dental Association’s 40 under 40
- 2018 Top Dentist, Coastal Virginia Magazine
Dr. Tarek Badawy recently received the prestigious Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry. This award recognizes the commitment to excellence in dental education. The Fellowship Award is presented to dentists looking to provide the highest quality of dental care by remaining knowledgeable and current in their profession. In order to receive this award, Dr. Badawy completed 500 hours of continuing dental education with the AGD.
As a recipient of this award, Dr. Badawy is joining an elite group of dental professionals who understand that great smiles and good oral health for their patients are the result of going above and beyond basic requirements.
If you are interested in learning more about Dr. Tarek Badawy or would like to schedule a consultation with him, you can contact his office at:
Dr. Tarek Badawy
46175 Westlake Dr, Sterling, VA 20165, United States
ABOUT ZERAMEX® XT
ZERAMEX®XT has a tapered design allowing optimal primary stability. The internal connection has been specifically engineered to maximize the strength of rigid zirconia and eliminate any lateral forces on zirconia.
The precise fitting components offer variable placement close to bone level for enhanced restorative margin. The heart of the connection is the VICARBO® screw. Comprised of many individual threads of carbon fiber that run vertically, uncut down the length of the screw to durably absorb the tensile forces and give the VICARBO® screw its exceptionally high strength.